CDR2 Won't Open?

This forum is for the open, public discussion of the Crash Data Retrieval Tool or Event Data Recorder technology. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site and not intended for direct CDR Tool User technical or analytical support.
kdryan07
First Name: Kyle
Last Name: Ryan

CDR2 Won't Open?

Post by kdryan07 »

Working on setting up a new laptop and trying to get all the software set back up. I've got the latest v23.2 file downloaded and installed, but when I open CDR2 (v23.2.327) it opens a window with a blue spinning logo and nothing further happens. Any thoughts?

Rusty Haight
First Name: W. R. Rusty
Last Name: Haight

Re: CDR2 Won't Open?

Post by Rusty Haight »

So at the moment, CDR2 really only works with the Mercedes ADAS systems. Going forward, it'll pick up other systems but that's the main connection now. If You don't need it, stick with the legacy GUI in 23.2 - for now.

That said, does your PC meet the minimum requirements for CDR2? It could also be, as with the installation of some programs, that you may need to completely uninstall the "older" CDR software installation then install the legacy GUI AND CDR2 fresh.
- Rusty Haight
Collision Safety Institute

Gery2005
First Name: Gerald
Last Name: Traussner

Post by Gery2005 »

I can confirm this issue with BOSCH CDR 2 for 3 different Laptops. Seems there is an issue with the CDR version in 23.2.
many years experience in reading EDR data with Bosch CDR in europe, europe is quite difficult regarding EDR data, but time is changing in europe so let get in contact and share experience

Rusty Haight
First Name: W. R. Rusty
Last Name: Haight

Post by Rusty Haight »

Gerald: Perhaps you should define "issue" and explain the problem you have encountered. Are you talking about the legacy version 23.2, 23.21, or just the new interface version CDR2?

I have found no significant installation or operation "issue" with version 23.2x of the CDR Tool software. Hundreds of people have installed it without a problem now on a variety of PCs with Windows 10 and above. It installs and runs as expected so long as one follows the directions from Bosch for installation. There may be conflicts with certain malware protection programs or restrictions placed on the PC by an IT department but the legacy version 23.2 and the patch 23.2.1 work as they should.

A few people are finding that malware conflicts or IT restrictions are preventing installation or preventing the CDR2 version from running properly. For example, some links to CDR2 from within the Help File require ActiveX to be installed and updated. If that's not installed or updated, you will see a message explaining that failure and then one can solve the problem from there.

I have the legacy CDR v23.2.1 and CDR2 all running without a problem on 2 desktop and 3 laptop computers. One runs Windows 11 the rest are Windows 10. I have gone through several installations and uninstallations to try and "break" it and so long as one follows the instructions on screen, CDR v23.2.1 and CDR2 both work fine.

So, if you ARE having a problem, some screen shots of the error dialog box indicating an "issue" would be appropriate or at least a meaningful description of the problem would be useful in trying to understand what "issue" we're dealing with.
- Rusty Haight
Collision Safety Institute