MERCEDES-BENZ S 550 2015 WDDUG8CB3FA157099

This forum is for the open, public discussion of the Crash Data Retrieval Tool or Event Data Recorder technology. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site and not intended for direct CDR Tool User technical or analytical support.
Jeksona27
First Name: Jemal
Last Name: Karumidze

MERCEDES-BENZ S 550 2015 WDDUG8CB3FA157099

Post by Jeksona27 »

Dear Members,

I am facing trouble(X - This vehicle is not supported by the CDR Tool $FA10 response: $7F ... 31 ) during readout from 2015 MB S550with CDR900.
Do anyone know what is the error for?

Thank you in advance!
Attachments
Media.jpg

R.Botter
First Name: Ralph
Last Name: Botter

Re: MERCEDES-BENZ S 550 2015 WDDUG8CB3FA157099

Post by R.Botter »

The error popup really says it all: the CDR Tool can't retrieve data from this module because the module is not supported.

The Help file says the S class is only supported in the US and Canada. Are you outside the US and Canada?

Once the software communicates with the airbag computer, it asks the module what its software ID is (request in hex is $FA10). In your screen capture it looks like the module replied "$7F ... 31" which looks like it may only be part of the full software ID reply. Nonetheless the remainder of the message is "this vehicle is not supported" which means that the module id call (search the forum for "SWID") $FA10 resulted in the "$7F ... 31" response and that SWID is not in the tool database so the CDR software is "unable to retrieve EDR data."
R. Botter Engineering

Jeksona27

Post by Jeksona27 »

Thank you for detail explanation,
Car is manufactured for US, so should be covered by CDR900.

I wasn't able to find SWID forum, can you please share the link where I would be able to find explanation of it?
Also does it mean I can configure CDR900 in such a way to extract EDR, or it is impossible on this vehicle?

Rusty Haight
First Name: W. R. Rusty
Last Name: Haight

Post by Rusty Haight »

Jeksona27 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:55 am... Car is manufactured for US, so should be covered by CDR900. ...
No, that's not correct. As it relates to access, where it's MANUFACTURED is irrelevant, the MARKET CODE, in the Help file, is where it's sold not built. Either way, the VIN you provided when checked at the NHTSA VIN decoder site reports: "Plant Information: Merceds-Benz Cars, SINDELFINGEN, GERMANY" - that's near Stuttgart, not in the US and not in Alabama. The only Mercedes built in the US (at the Mercedes plant in Alabama) are the GLE SUV, GLS SUV, GLE Coupe and the C-Class.

As to the many references to the SWID here in the larger forum, at the top of the screen, click on the SEARCH tab and enter SWID as the search word. That will search all the messages on the Forum.

You can't configure the CDR 900 at all, that's done by the CDR Tool Software, there are no user-defined settings or configuration attributes you can adjust in some way.

I get a sense you're not in the US or Canada and, as such, I'm going to bet R. Botter was right: the airbag control module's SWID is NOT on the "ok to access list" and whether you try CDR 900, CANPlus, or "spoof" a VIN, you're NOT getting past the SWID fail. There was a time that some of the OEMs - particularly the German OEMS - simply didn't want to allow access and retrieval of data outside the reaches of 49CFR563 so they had Bosch eliminate or not include - however you want to put it - the SWID of modules which weren't going to be SOLD the US or Canada.
- Rusty Haight
Collision Safety Institute

Jeksona27

Post by Jeksona27 »

Dear Mr. Haight,

Thank you for you kind support.

As far as I know there should be no difference where car was built, main point is for which market was car built.
In Sindelfingen there is S class production line, where they built cars for every market - EU, Japan, US and etc., but options are different according to the market.
So it means ACM for US market should be included according to the US market homologation.

So as I understood from your descant, I am not able to readout from this vehicle in any way, right?
Thank you in advance again!

Rusty Haight
First Name: W. R. Rusty
Last Name: Haight

Post by Rusty Haight »

Jeksona27 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:23 am... As far as I know there should be no difference where car was built, main point is for which market was car built. ...
That is correct. As it relates to whether or not the module in a given car is supported for data access and retrieval, that is correct: where it was built isn't important, the Bosch Market Code indicates what geographic sales region the car was intended for and, based on that, whether or not retrieval is supported.

Another good example would be some of the VW Passats built in Tennessee in the US but designated for sale in, for example, Canada, those would not be supported for access and retrieval, VW disabled the EDR function.
Jeksona27 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:23 am... I am not able to readout from this vehicle in any way, right? ...
Unfortunately, given the error message you posted, that is correct. The software ID of the ACM seen in that error message means that module just isn't supported for data access and retrieval.
- Rusty Haight
Collision Safety Institute

Jeksona27

Post by Jeksona27 »

Dear Mr. Haight,
Thank you for your kind support and detailed explanation!