17EDR Side Crash Complete recording- NO PRE-CRASH

This forum is for the open, public discussion of the Crash Data Retrieval Tool or Event Data Recorder technology. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site and not intended for direct CDR Tool User technical or analytical support.
TJCollins
First Name: Tracy
Last Name: Collins

17EDR Side Crash Complete recording- NO PRE-CRASH

Post by TJCollins »

Good afternoon,
I have attached the sanitized CDRx file. This is from a 2023 Toyota Camry. The attached CDR report identifies 2 non-deployment events, TRG1 and TRG2, both Side Crash and are complete recordings. Due to this, there is no reason to believe the Pre-Crash data has been overwritten, but I haven't come across a recorded event absent Pre-Crash data (unless in a vehicle 10 years old or so).

The report by the owner is that it was parked, unattended, and not powered when damage sustained. Damage is indeed present to the driver side front door and the passenger side rear door.
Also, it recorded ignition cycle at time of imaging, but not at time of event(s).
The odometer at the time of EDR imaging was 23,107 mi.
TRG2 odometer: 23,098 mi. (related)
TRG1 odometer: 2,997 mi. (unrelated)

I would like to make sure this is normal. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,
t
Attachments
Toyota EDR17 side events.CDRx
(28.6 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Bob Anderson
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Anderson

Re: 17EDR Side Crash Complete recording- NO PRE-CRASH

Post by Bob Anderson »

Looking through other 17EDR files, I found an example where the side only TRGs did not have pre-crash data, but the front/side/rear TRGs do have pre-crash.

Perhaps, the idea was that the pre-crash would be included in the front/side/rear record, and would be duplicated in the side-only record?

Bob Anderson
Tempe, Arizona
Attachments
side only no pre-crash.jpg
Bob Anderson
Tempe, Arizona

TJCollins
First Name: Tracy
Last Name: Collins

Re: 17EDR Side Crash Complete recording- NO PRE-CRASH

Post by TJCollins »

Thanks Bob! I appreciate the response.