Can Am Maverick

This forum is for the open, public discussion of the Crash Data Retrieval Tool or Event Data Recorder technology. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site and not intended for direct CDR Tool User technical or analytical support.
kgray13
First Name: Kyle
Last Name: Gray

Can Am Maverick

Post by kgray13 »

Is anyone aware if a 2021 Can Am Maverick would have any type of EDR or similar data that could be downloaded?

tech4cars
First Name: Myles
Last Name: Kitchen

Re: Can Am Maverick

Post by tech4cars »

In looking online, I did not see any equipment that might incorporate any data logging. However, this info may be of interest if relevant to your situation. I worked previously on a Polaris ATV matter. Later model Polaris ATV's incorporate a RPM/Speed limiter that restrict vehicle speed by acting on the electronic ignition if the seatbelts are not buckled. Earlier models did not have this safety feature. They did not have any EDR capability.

fatz
First Name: Ed
Last Name: Fatzinger

Re: Can Am Maverick

Post by fatz »

The 2021 Maverick will have what's called 'Last Instant' data. It will record the last 30 or 60 seconds of data from the last run cycle. Very similar to the Ford PCM data, however less volatile. The Ford PCM data starts/stops with keying the ignition on, while the Can-Am starts/stops with the engine RPM. You will need the factory software to get the data. Very important to confirm no power loss occurred. If you need help let me know. Link below is to some information.

https://momentum-engineer.s3.us-west-1. ... 537975.pdf

Ed Fatzinger
310-738-8859