2018 Nissan Sentra

This forum is for the open, public discussion of the Crash Data Retrieval Tool or Event Data Recorder technology. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site and not intended for direct CDR Tool User technical or analytical support.
williamporter
First Name: William
Last Name: Porter

2018 Nissan Sentra

Post by williamporter »

Having a problem downloading data from 2018 Nissan Sentra. Had to power the module through the fuse box due to front end damage. Was able to access the module but no data would download. Using a CANplus interface and have the latest update. Can you help me?

actar670
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: McNally

Re: 2018 Nissan Sentra

Post by actar670 »

What does "able to download the module but no data would download" mean? Describe what happened.

How do you know you were communicating with the ACM? Is there some reason you can't just use a DTM cable and download the data?
Bruce McNally
McNally & Associates ARS, LLC
41 Champlin Ridge Road
Rochester, NH 03867
Office (603) 516-4560
Web http://mcnallyassociates.com

williamporter
First Name: William
Last Name: Porter

Post by williamporter »

When I attempted to download it appeared the program was "looping". I pressed the download button and it indicated a download was in progress. I was going to used the DTM method as a last resort. Interior not damage and vehicle is rental. Driver has the FOB key. If necessary will get the key from the driver and download through the DTC.

KentBoots
First Name: Kent
Last Name: Boots

Post by KentBoots »

Mr. Porter,

I have had this happen where I get the message the program is "already running" or something to that effect. When that happens use
ctl-alt-del and go to task manager and end the CDR.exe executable. Then you have to restart the program. That always seems to resolve the issue. The downside is that you have to re-enter all of the case information and comments.
Kent E. Boots
Kent E. Boots & Assoc.
www.getEDRdata.com

DPatrickRyan
First Name: Patrick
Last Name: Ryan

Post by DPatrickRyan »

I've occasionally had the CDR executable hang on startup, but never on my Windows 10 field laptop(s), only on my Windows 7 desktop. It doesn't give behaviour identical to yours or Kent's experience, but might be related. For me, it hangs with no splash screen or other indications it's even started, but bringing up the task list with ctrl-alt-del shows the running process, and killing that allows it to start normally.
D. Patrick Ryan, P.Eng. - Graham Ryan Consulting Ltd.
#34, 11410 - 27 Street SE Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6
Phone: (403) 290-1150 Fax: 290-0659 Cell: 651-8340