Direct to ACM - Just curious?

This forum is for the open, public discussion of the Crash Data Retrieval Tool or Event Data Recorder technology. This is open to any registered user of the CrashForum.info site and not intended for direct CDR Tool User technical or analytical support.
tech4cars
First Name: Myles
Last Name: Kitchen

Direct to ACM - Just curious?

Post by tech4cars »

Hi all:

In my multiple years of doing auto electronics forensics and retrieving data, the vast majority of the time I end up doing DLC downloads as opposed to ACM. Just curious, and would be interested to hear what % (roughly) of your data extraction is from the ACM, vs. the DLC. For me, I estimate my experience is < 5% ACM.

Your thoughts?

Thx,
Myles Kitchen
www.tech4cars.com

KentBoots
First Name: Kent
Last Name: Boots

Re: Direct to ACM - Just curious?

Post by KentBoots »

Less than 1% direct to module for me in the last 10 years, and the one time I had to go direct to ACM was because the fuse panels and wiring had been removed from the vehicle.
Kent E. Boots
Kent E. Boots & Assoc.
www.getEDRdata.com

TroyTK
First Name: Troy
Last Name: Kranz

Re: Direct to ACM - Just curious?

Post by TroyTK »

The bulk of the work I do is for my law enforcement agency related work, typically fatal crashes. We regularly get cars with massive damage that means we have to go to direct to the ACM. I would say somewhere around a quarter (probably a bit higher than that) of my imaging is direct to ACM.

Troy Kranz